postfix + tls

Hi all!

I am trying to set up postfix (which I am new to) to use SASL
authentication. However, it seems that the postfix-tls package provided
with woody is a patch for the source code of postfix 1.1.0. Is there a
way I can get a postfix+sasl solution which is completely
.deb-dependant? I like that because if a bug appears, as soon as it is
solved, my apt-get update && apt-get -y dist-upgrade (in cron.daily)
updates the system. If i use source I don't have that advantage, which
is a handicap if I'm out of office for a long time (a bug appears, and
my system remains vulnerable for days or weeks).

Any help, as well as advice about configuring postfix, will be very
appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Luis Gómez Miralles