Re: Many Virtual Hosts security problem with PHP

If you run php in safe mode and set your PHP open_basedir to the
DocumentRoot for the domain, then they cannot open any files outside of
that directory.  In php.ini:

safe_mode = on

Then in your <VirtualHost>:

php_admin_flag engine on
php_admin_value open_basedir "/var/www/vhosts/domain.com/htdocs:/tmp"

I usually have the current directory "." in there, too.

Please note the difference between flags/values and admin_flag/values.
| "Admin" configuration settings can only be set from
| within the main Apache configuration files, and not
| from .htaccess files.
http://www.php.net/manual/en/configuration.php

Cheers, Marcel