cups security

Good morning everybody, well at least morning over here in Cali.  For
everybody else, Good afternoon, good evening and good night.

I just installed cups and I was wondering if it's possible to have cups
run properly without having port 631 open.  I don't like having ports
open, especially since this computer will be the only one printing to
this printer.  I looked at some of the doc on http://www.cups.org and
didn't see anything.  Any ideas?

Also, when I installed cups it said something about me needing to do a .
. .

route add -net 224.0.0.0 netmask 240.0.0.0 dev <interface>

What's up with that?  I didn't see anything in the doc about that
either.

You know, a howto would be nice right about now.  Anyway, thanks in
advance for your insight.

Oh, and if any of you use pine, I won't hold it against you. :)
--
http://www.torrin.net
I hate pine.  It's the worst E-mail client ever.