Re: A question about some network services

It only has it's uses if you are running any services through it. If you are going to # out all the services in /etc/inetd.conf, why not just shut inetd down alltogether? Seems logical to me.

Mark

Karl Breitner wrote:

Hmm, I don't understand this discussion about disabling inetd
it has it's uses. Just fire up your favourite text editor pointed at
/etc/inetd.conf
and insert a hashmark # in front of every line for a service you don't
want to provide to the public.
Best Rgards
/Karl