Re: A question about some network services

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 08:28:41AM -0600, Jay Kline wrote:
> On Friday 05 April 2002 08:49 am, Juhan Kundla wrote:
>
> > How do you do that? I tried the following...
>
> Not remove- but not start.  Remove all references to it from the /etc/rc*.d/
> directorys so that it dosnt start up anymore.  If  you are not useing any of
> its services, its pointless to have it running.  But some packages depend on
> it, so you cant get rid of it.

Actually, you'll want to leave at least one of the K links: otherwise
when you upgrade, inetd will mysteriously be re-enabled.  See
update-rc.d(8) for details.

--
Nathan Norman - Micromuse Ltd.  mailto:nnorman@micromuse.com
Gil-galad was an Elven-king.            |  The Fellowship