Re: What is a suable attack by the way ;)

xskoba1@kremilek.gyrec.cz wrote:

	Well I have read all those nice gentlemen who would like to sue
the world

No, Rene, it's not about to sue the world...

because of machines which are trying to crack their
business.

... and it's not about business (at least for me)  at
all. One can realize the Internet as a  business, and
many certainly really do it, looking for competition,
but the key-word here should be always _cooperation_

But my point is, what to do with all those mechanical attacks as
IIS worms trying to access machines for months from the same IP?

IMO, the first thing to do is  think  about  them  as
problems and getting worried. When the freedom slaves
only the law really frees.  Soon  governments  around
the world will be deploying regulatory  acts  on  net
issues trying to civilize it on what the own netizens
have failed.

Or other
way round, are we one hundred percent sure that our machine wasn't used
for any abuse?

If 100% percent sure is not possible, in a range from
0% to 99% we still have to decide on  wich  level  we
want to live.

What if you are going to sue 70 years old grandmother
because someone hacked her computer before and used it and then
he disappeared?

A non-sense. I wouldn't do that. Better buy  specific
hardaware & software & books, get expertise, and (the
must) fight that things in the apropriate battlefield.
The Internet doesn't need lawyers, but real netizens,
IMO.

Make sure your not running IIS :-) If you are, patch it!

Apart from that I just ignore it, and secretly wish that some script kiddie
will wipe the hard drive of the infected machine.

Andrew Tait

	Rene Skoba
	Sysadmin

--- Luiz