Re: rootkit detection

hi ya roman

as was mentioned... chkrootkit.org...

but what kind of risk are you referring to ??
	- that the rootkit detectors miss a newly created rootkit ??
	- probably will happen...

there is always risks... knowing what it is and
trying to minimize subsequent risks and protecting data is
more important ???
	- ie... firewall by itself is nto good enough...
	they [h/cr]ack your firewall or bypass it... and all
	machines is usually a sitting duck with ftp/telnet/ppp traffic

	- a machine running ipchains instead of apache is not a
	"good enough" of a firewall if you don't want any risks

have fun
alvin
http://www.Linux-Sec.net/Tracking/  - rootkit checking stuff