Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 119-1] ssh channel bug

On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 12:29:27AM -0600, John Reinke wrote:
> the ones concerned. On my plain potato box, I get:
> SSH Version OpenSSH_2.3.0p1, protocol versions 1.5/2.0.

Quite probably you are vunlnerable to this and many previous
attacks.
Did you install the unofficial kde2 for potato? I tkink it had
a contrib or so section with that version of openssh

You can recompile the unstable versions of openssl and openssh
on a potato box (but you need a little extra work, install the
needed -dev packages an manually do some steps since the debian/rules
in the debian sources are too new)