Re: Security implications of chpasswd.

hello,

chpasswd is in the shadow source package (you can find this out using
apt-show commands). You can workaround the problem by using a script
which will use the -e option and fill an encrypted passwd, this will
also solved this other problem you talk about. There is a bug already
reported about this MD5 support, but it does not seems to be in the BTS.
(bugs directory of the source package)

JeF