Re: webhosting

Quoting Jerry Lynde (jlynde@diligence.com):
> At 12:15 PM 2/25/2002, Robert wrote:
> >It also has a much more anal license (much!!)
>
> True, true...
>
> But Michael was asking for secure, not non-anal licensing... I don't expect
> he was gonna try and hack BIND or djbdns or anything else... <shrug>

Nahh, but we're still on a debian list here, and advising to use something
that has a license like this.. :)

> I just wouldn't suggest anyone use BIND is the same sense that I wouldn't
> suggest they
> ride a Harley naked on snow-packed icy roads... something bad's bound to
> happen...
I'm still under the impression that it's quite possible to do a reasonably
secure bind install. Bind9 has some nice security-related features, and a
completely rewritten codebase (as opposed to bind8). I'm not sure what
insecurities you'd impose upon yourself by installing it..

Greets,
	Robert

--
				Linux Generation