Re: apache-ssl/woody cannot handle password protected keys?

Hi,

> Here comes the trick... it does work...
> > # /usr/sbin/apache-sslctl start
> > Reading key for server <my.server>:443
> > Enter PEM pass phrase:
>
> You are supposed to type in the passphrase at this point...
> within the 5-10 seconds that are provided to you in the script
>
> It's supposed to be getting the passphrase from somewhere... and YOU
> need to type it here. :)

thanks for the hint, but I *did* type the passphrase here :-)
And I am sure that the passphrase is correct. If I supply a
bad passphrase, then I get the error message

Bad passphrase - try again

When I type the correct passphrase, then, at a first glance,
everything seems ok:

Launching... /usr/lib/apache-ssl/gcache
pid=22730
/usr/sbin/apache-sslctl start: httpsd started

Nevertheless the server does not work. And that's my problem.

Cheers, Thomas