Re: Portsentry & iptables

On Fri, 2002-01-18 at 10:44, Dries Kimpe wrote:
>   After noticing some more portscans (fast, even in order -
> nice snort logs though) I remembered portsentry.

Use portsentry with care. I if am at IP-address A, your server is B and
your most important customer has a gateway address of C, then all I have
to do to create an effective DoS between you and your customer is flood
your machine spoofed with C as a source address. There is really nothing
to it.

Maybe iptables and threshold rules will work better?

--
Lars Bahner,
http://lars.bahner.com/

Nihil est sine ratione cur potius sit, quam non sit.