RE: Don't panic (ssh)

Debian has back ported the fix for the CRC-32 vulnerability into both
OpenSSH (1.2.3-9.3) and ssh-nonfree/ssh-socks (1.2.27-6.2) for Debian
stable.

This is documented at:
http://www.debian.org/security/2001/dsa-086

This would appear to remove any concern about using SSH version 1
protocol as long as you are running the updated sshd.

The published vulnerabilities for ssh1 have been against the
implementation in the sshd appliction itself, not in the ssh1
protocol. The current Debian versions have addressed the
implememtation issues.

Please correct me if I am mistaken...

Thanks,

Denny