Firewall Related Question

I've got some simple questions related to using a Firewall on
some single pubblic Debian Boxes, I choose to post my questions
here because I've always securitty in mind during the Developing
time of my Network Services.

Let me asume I've got a simple Network with 3 Pubblic Debian
Servers and 1 Cisco Router (Internet Gateway).

The router belongs to my Connection ISP so I can't configure it,
but onlu use it for Internet connectivity.

The 3 Debian Boxes are under my full control.

The best way to protect my Debian Servers would be to install
a Firewall on my Gateway (Cisco Router) but actually I can't,
so my question is: Can I install a Firewall on each of my Debian
Boxes to filter/block incoming and outgoing Network Traffic ?

Is this a good choice ? or should I put another machine in my
Network, between the Gateway and the Servers, which acts as Firewall ?

Thank you for all you suggestions,
Have a nice time...

Ivo Marino

 Ivo Marino                    eim@eimbox.org
 UN*X Developer, running Debian GNU/Linux
 http://eimbox.org