Re: Exim mail

spoofing mail:
telnet to port 25 on machine you want to spoof through.
    1.Type 'mail from: Satan@hell.edu'  (address you want to send mail as)
    2.Type 'rcpt to: target@someplace.net'(person you are sending mail to)
    3.Type 'data'
    4.Type 'whatever you want , ending with a period on its own line.'
    5.Type quit

here is the smtp rfc:
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc0821.txt
here is a primer on fake email:
http://scipp.ucsc.edu/~mothra/support/fake_email.html
here are dos on securing sendmail:
http://mail-abuse.org/tsi/ar-fix.html

Tom Hallaran
Informatics
Washington University Genome Sequencing Center
314-286-1114
thallara@watson.wustl.edu