Re: Fw: Can a daemon listen only on some interfaces?

Greetings!

> > At 09.12.2001, mdevin@ozemail.com.au wrote:
> > [...]
> > > And thanks for all the replies.  In fact I was most interested to hear
> > > that you could not make daemons listen on only one interface but you
> > > could make them bind to an IP address range.  I guess that is what I
> > > achieved in my postfix main.cf file with the line:
> > > inet_interfaces = localhost

If using the meta-daemon XINETD instead of INETD you can specify
the interface (= bind) option where you can specify on which interface
the service should listen only. See man xinetd.conf

HTH
	Volker

--

Volker Tanger	volker.tanger@wyae.de