Re: shutdown user and accountability

ons, 2001-11-28 kl. 02:58 skrev Olaf Meeuwissen:
> That's exactly what my sudo setup does right now.  The problem is that
> apparently *everyone* needs to be able to shut down the machine (for
> reasons that are beyond me).  Added accounts on an as needed basis is
> fine with me, but I don't fancy creating, oh, 250+ password protected
> accounts just to meet policy.

Where are the users/passwords stored now? Windows, Novell, Unix System??
It should be possible to authenticate against the companies password
database in some way. This way you won't have to create those accounts,
but people would still be able to login (the technical procedure will be
slighly different depending on how the user/password machine/database
works).

Or am I getting something wrong?

--
Paul Fleischer // ProGuy