Using dsniff

Hi guys. Have installed dsniff on a machine on the network here at home
running debian and I'm trying to figure out how it works.
Did get the url grabber and mail sniffer to work but can't seem to get the
password capture program to work.
Tried fireing up the dsniff app and telnetted from the machine running the
program to another machine running Red Hat 7.1 to see if I could capture
the telnet setion but I got no output from dsniff.
If I use tcpdump I can see the packets comming over the wire but this
doesn't show me the contents.
Anyone had a problem reading the traffic off the network with dsniff.
Am using the unstable distribution of debian.
Thanks.

Tommy