Re: rogue Chinese crawler

>>>>> "Martin" == Martin WHEELER <mwheeler@startext.co.uk> writes:

Martin> Is anyone else having problems with the robot from
Martin> openfind.com.tw

Martin> -- an intrusive, irritating, hard-to-get-rid-of crawler that
Martin> completely paralyses my system *every day*?

Martin> Despite what I put in any robots.txt, this one disregards all
Martin> rules and just jams up my system, downloading every damn' thing
Martin> in sight.  Mails to the owners are totally disregarded.

Martin> Anyone know of a sure-fire robot killer under woody?

iptables or ipchains.  Just drop all packets from it.

Martin> Who should this thing be reported to to get it stopped?

# host openfind.com.tw
openfind.com.tw     	A	139.175.250.23
# whois 129.175.250.23
Institution for Information Industry (NET-SEED-NET)
   9F, No. 125, Song Jiang Road
   Taipei, 10472
   TW

   Netname: SEED-NET
   Netblock: 139.175.0.0 - 139.175.255.255

   Coordinator:
      Fan, C.K.  (CKF-ARIN)  sysop@dns.seed.net.tw
      02-26966447 (FAX) 02-26963071

   Domain System inverse mapping provided by:

   DNS1.SEED.NET.TW		139.175.252.16
   DNS.SEED.NET.TW		139.175.55.244
   TCDNS.SEED.NET.TW		139.175.150.20
   KSDNS.SEED.NET.TW		139.175.10.20

   Record last updated on 19-Jan-2000.
   Database last updated on  22-Nov-2001 19:54:03 EDT.

The ARIN Registration Services Host contains ONLY Internet
Network Information: Networks, ASN's, and related POC's.
Please use the whois server at rs.internic.net for DOMAIN related
Information and whois.nic.mil for NIPRNET Information.

- --
Hubert Chan <hackerhue@geek.com> - http://www.geocities.com/hubertchan/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/71FDA37F
Fingerprint: 6CC5 822D 2E55 494C 81DD  6F2C 6518 54DF 71FD A37F