Re: Root is God? (was: Mutt & tmp files)

* Mathias Gygax <mg@trash.net> [2001.11.18 17:58:46+0100]:
> > excellent. you know what i did: i just remove the root:0:... line from
> > /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow. now i can't be root. that must be perfect
> > security. yeah!
>
> before you shout, think twice. this is READ-only on my system. you don't
> really understand it, right?

i think i do. i wasn't talking about your system, but more about the
general gist of the email thread. i'll answer your lamer detector
email in just a sec, so look there for more details.

"there is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe,
 and it has a longer shelf life."
                                                        -- frank zappa