Re: Mail-server config

Thus spake Johannes Weiss (weissi@tux4u.de):

> I plan to install a mailserver for ca. 800 users, now I planned to
> make 800 users with shell /bin/bash, home /dev/nul,...  So, I ask you
> ;)), if this is a good solution, to make 800 UNIX-users for a
> mailserver and if not what's the best solution (security reason)

Have a look at Cyrus IMAP.  It's designed for POP3/IMAP for non-shell
users, i.e. a closed-box system.  the authentication _can_ be
/etc/passwd-based, but typically you use a separate DB file to store the
login info.

--
Justin R. Miller <incanus@codesorcery.net>
PGP/GnuPG Key ID 0xC9C40C31 (preferred)