Re: Mutt & tmp files -- Root is not my Enemy

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 03:34:54PM +0100, Rolf Kutz wrote:
> Alexander Clouter (alexander.clouter@ic.ac.uk) wrote:
>
> > I am the root guy of my own laptop and I can trust myself :)  However a lot
> > of countries (uk/us and probably others, lots in the eu I would imagine) have
> > encryption laws, not preventing it but permiting them to throw you in jail
> > unless you hand over your encryption codes.  If you don't you get a nice big
> What, if I someone gets an email encrypted with a
> bogus key claiming to, but not belonging to the
> recipient? What if I lost the key? Silly law.

    Many these days are.

    Not to get all Religious (cause I'm not), but that Moses guy pretty
    much summed everything up in those 10 laws (well 9 of 'em are ok,
    there's one that a little off), and ever since politicians have been
    trying to prove their worth by making things worse.

--
Share and Enjoy.