Re: In Praise of Dos (RE: Mutt & tmp files)

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 09:30:34AM +0100, Martin Christensen typed out the following...
> Petro> On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 10:24:05AM +0900, Howland, Curtis
> Petro> wrote:
> >> ps: From a personal perspective, I think Linux is about where
> >> Windows 3.0 was. This is not a troll, just a usability thing.
> Petro>     No, it's about where win3.11 was in a lot of ways. Modulo
> Petro> the stability &&etc.
>
> I am just dying to find out why this is so. I find the unices I work
> with to be much more usable than any incarnation of Windows. So what
> exactly do you put into 'usability'?
...and that's all Martin Christensen wrote I'm afraid

Seconded!  I find stability wise Linux out strips any Windows I have used so
far (haven't tried XP yet - and to be honest not planning to).  As far as
usability goes Linux is way ahead.  I find Windows too restricting for my use.
Apart from a few applications I just have to use I find its interface slows me
down.  I'll qualify that by saying that I am definately a techy user.  Still
this is getting OT for this list - perhaps move onto user?!

--
---
Paul Tansom:    Talking to penguins can be inTUXicating, whereas