From: Oyvind A. Holm [mailto:sunny@ba.no]
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 11:26
To: Vineet Kumar
Cc: debian-security@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: SPAM was RE: INSURE GOOD RECEPTION! VITAL EMERGENCY
STRATEGY!!!

On 2001-11-10 00:17 Vineet Kumar wrote:

> * Sebastiaan (S.Breedveld@ITS.TUDelft.NL) [011109 14:44]:
> > High,
> >
> > On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, Ed Street wrote:
> >
> > > Hey,
> > >
> > > Is there *anything* we can do about all this Spam that's getting
on this
> > > list?
> > >

> Yes. We can silently ignore them rather than turn each one into a
> lengthy off-topic thread.

No. The number of spam messages on these lists is really beginning to
irritate me, it's getting bigger day by day. The task of
(un)subscribing to the list is pretty easy, so I really don't see the
problem of only allowing messages from members on the list.

Regards,
Øyvind

| Fingerprint: EAE5 DCA0 0626 5DAA 72F8  0435 2E2B E476 AD19 826C   |
+=========== 2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2. ============+