Re: OpenSSH 3, DEBIAN 2.2 and PAM authentication

Thus spake Benoît MARTINET, on Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 02:52:15PM +0100:
> > >     I've just compiled & installed openssh-3.0p1 on my Debian 2.2 but
> > > failed to login using root and users' passwords. Password
> > > authentication failed all the time and it prompted "Permission Denied"
>
> [...]
>
> > Have you configured it with:
> >
> > --with-md5-passwords ?
>
> Thanks, that solve the problem...
>
> Ben.

You're welcome.

Check to see if you /etc/shadow password entries start
with $1$, if so they are MD5, and md5 isn't enabled by the default
./configure on openssh-3.0p1 so...

Best regards.

--
Jose Celestino <japc@co.sapo.pt>