Re: SPAM was RE: INSURE GOOD RECEPTION! VITAL EMERGENCY STRATEGY!!!

> > On Friday 09 November 2001 17:46 pm, Robert Davidson wrote:
> > > Wouldn't it just be better if the lists accepted mail from members
> > > only,
> >
> > I have always thought so, but whenever that suggestion comes up on any of
> > the debian lists it gets a pretty violent response.
>
> yeah I know - I've seen it happen before a few times, but I think
> thats probably the only real solution.  Until something like that
> happens it's probably a waste of time even talking about it.

There was a long discussion about this on the Curiosa list last month.
It's probably not worth repeating the entire thread here (we're starting
down that track).

http://lists.debian.org/debian-curiosa/2001/debian-curiosa-200110/msg00030.html

KEN

--