Re: Debconf and noexec on /tmp

    Ethan> On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 03:32:06PM -0800, Vineet Kumar
    Ethan> wrote:

    >> Well, on some level, *every* system is vulnerable to
    >> scriptkiddies. The worst security flaw is admin hubris; always
    >> remember that you are not immune.

    Ethan> sorry i don't leave known security holes wide open on my
    Ethan> boxes.  only an idiot does that.

What you exhibit here looks like "admin hubris".  You seem to think
that you can plug all known security holes.  "Known" meaning "known by
*someone*, by *at least one person*".

How many holes do you think exist that are only known to "black hats"?

I fear the number is greater than zero.

Study paranoia. ;-)

Bye, J

--