Re: Which ssh should I have?

* Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net> [011109 16:41]:
> > Is there any harm from installing ssh from woody on potato? This
> > does
> > not apply in my case, but I'd like to know.
>
> you can't, the dependencies will drag in half of woody.

I suspected that, and suggested to a friend of mine to upgrade to woody.
He runs potato (which I installed ;-), but since the ssh in potato is
supposed to be unsafe (which may sound funny), he has to do the backport
or dist-upgrade. The latter looks easier, and almost everybody run woody
or sid anyway.

Thanks for helps to all.

/Ville