Re: question about something, but don't know if it exists...

> > mind is IPSec: make your firewall (or what ever) an IPSec gateway and
> > run everything inside your network over IPSec. No more stealing, I
> > would think.
>   Hmmm... I am afraid it isn't possible, because there are W95
> workstations. Or is there anything to support this which is reasonably
> simple and will rewrite windows sockets into that kind of

  Try some commercial IPSec implementation. F-Secure at least has one.
Probably others as well. The standard is platform independent, so W95,
WNT, W2k, linux, anything should work fine together. Avoid MS
implementation, how ever, it used to be incompatible (surprise?). I do
not know if it still is.
  There are even commercial IPSec-gateway switches available at least
from Cisco - if you do not want to use linux as firewall/gateway/what
ever. Just put everything under IPSec and that's it. Of course, there
is a problem if your computers are not very fast - IPSec encrypts
absolutely everything so it really takes some CPU.

		| Juha Jäykkä, juolja@utu.fi			|
		| home: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/		|