Re: question about something, but don't know if it exists...

Hallo,

> > happen few times that students stole their passwords and so on and mainly
> > they could steal even teacher's these days.)
>
> Can you get a shell account on the outside of your local network?
> If so SSH over to it, then access the pop mail server.  Without
> having a machine to serve as the endpoint for an excrypted pipe on
> the outside of your network I don't see a way to secure the
> communications.
>
> Another possibility would be to have them replace the hubs with
> switches, this assumes you are using twisted pair, not thin net
> or thick net.
  no money in schools in Czech for something similar ;)

  I will have to think of about it a lot to make a decision, people
mentioned cipe, which is quite interesting but it doesn't support W95 and
I still don't know what it really does ;)
  I was personally thinking about some simple proxy which might
change my SSL in CLEAR for port 80 on my proxy and create few accounts for
on gate which could periodically get data from outside net and using SSL
crypted connection for inner one.
  Now I know there are many possibilites I have to think about, that's
cool, I can think a lot and don't solve anything which makes me feel well
;)

	cheers Rene Skoba