Re: Is snort-stat and 5snort really broken in sid?

On 12.09.2001 at 12:24:59, <sjk@dredel.com> wrote:

> What version are you using??

Version 1.8-RELEASE (Build 43)

> make sure the following line is in your snort.conf -- I think the debian
> equiv is snort-lib:
>
> output alert_syslog: LOG_AUTH

I've uncommented this line in my snort.conf. I'm guessing it's synonymous with
the -s option, so I've stopped invoking snort from /etc/ip-up.d/snort with that
flag. It doesn't seem to log to /var/log/snort/alert any more but it is logging
to /var/log/auth.log

The problem now would appear to be the log format has changed, but snort-stat
hasn't changed since version 1.7