Can someone help a Newbie

Hi,

I have noticed recently that attempted connections to my box aren't being
logged in syslog.
I haven't changed anything since install & it appeared ok then, I have had
friends try connecting & while they get refused, I don't see a corresponding
line for the refusal, I used to use RH & while this was all located in
messages, I could grep through & come up with all the attempts. Is there
something I haven't turned on? Or are the ipchains logging to yet another
file?

Regards,

1h0p1355 N3w813