Re: Running root commands by http

Emmanuel Lacour (elacour@easter-eggs.com) said:
> To be more explicit, it's on a mail relay in a dmz witch need to become if there's a very big problem on the internal mail server, THE smtp/pop server for this domain, for a few mails accounts.
> So the admin need to be able to create some accounts, delete them, and switch between to configs of postfix.
>
> That's all....

The reason the web based solution to this is not forthcoming is
that this is not a web problem.  The real solution is to hire
trustworthy admins capable of learning the right way to admin
their systems.  I'm not trying to be a bastard, but since you asked
this question on the a security list I'm giving you the solution
to this problem that is the most professional and secure.

Take the time you would have invested in programming this tool and simply
document how to do these tasks with the tools already provided.  Take
the money you will save in doing this and buy some O'Reilly books for
your team.

Smart admins with an understanding of how systems really work will
always be more valuable than untrusted admins with "idiot proof" tools.

Just my $.02.

/paul