Re: apt sources.list

At 01:24 PM 8/21/2001 -0700, Jeff Coppock wrote:
Mike Renfro, 2001-Aug-21 14:40 -0500:
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 09:36:02AM -0700, Jeff Coppock wrote:
>
> >    Can I get a few recommendations on the proper sources.list for a
> >    system running woody, that includes the security updates?
>
> Woody would be my last choice for a automagically secure installation:

   Thanks for this explanation.  I see what you mean, if I want
   security updates.

   I feel a bit stuck with woody though, since I want to use
   iptables instead of ipchains.  I think I'll remove the
   security source until I figure out a better way.

If you want to use IPTables, simply upgrade your kernel. ftp.kernel.org and schlurp down the linux-v2.4.x of your choice (I'm using 2.4.6 right now). Then apt-get install iptables and you're set.

--
Eric N. Valor
Webmeister/Inetservices

- This Space Intentionally Left Blank -