Re: The unwanted fish...

On 16 Aug 2001 00:08:48 +0300, Martin Fluch wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I know that this question was posted some time (some months) ago on this
> list (or debian-user), but I couldn't find the answer in the mailing list
> archives.
>
> I'm running unstable and (maybe) a month ago I spoted a fish swiming over
> my desktop from left to right, just a small one, just once. Today again.
>
> Does anybody know where this fish is coming from? (I'm a little bit
> confused, since I have never requested it and have no idea, how this
> little beast comes on my desktop.)
>
> Thanxs for any hint :-)
>
> - Martin

It's an easter egg of the GNOME Panel. Nothing to worry about.

I *think* the details are as follows: Every time you fire up the panel,
it tests a number between 1  and (some large number in the thousands)
every ten minutes. When the numbers match, the fish flies across the
screen.

    Jim Cape
    http://www.ignore-your.tv

    If the United States Government spent as much on education
    as it did on the military, every student could fail in a
    solid gold desk.