Re: apt-get issue(s)

> Hmm...
>
> Any logs about? /var/log/syslog? /var/log/messages?
> are you able to "apt" another server? Is your apt installation fine or is
> any file missing?
> Try to fetch the apt....deb, purge your existing apt ("dpkg --force-depends
> --purge apt), and reinstall it, to assure no file´s missing and try again.

Ok... nothing at all in /var/log about this (as far as I can tell).

I cannot apt to a different server.  I tried "ftp2.sourceforge.net" - which
I can use lynx to connect to - but I get similar apt errors.

Reinstalling apt-0.3.19 based on a newly-downloaded .deb file from
http.us.debian.org using dpkg didn't seem to make a difference.

I would be happy to compile and manually install a version of apt newer
than 0.3.19 to see if that makes a difference, but I'm not exactly sure
where to find it in the tree on http.us.debian.org (or elsewhere).

KEN

--
Kenneth J. Pronovici <pronovic@ieee.org>
Personal Homepage: http://www.skyjammer.com/~pronovic/