Mutt and inline gpg

This is about the 4th time in as many years that I changed my e-mail client
and every time I feel I have gained.
I'm now using mutt now and am still in the process of finetuning. However,
I have the following problem, of which I didn't find a solution yet.
I am using gpg and in communication with another mutt client, everything
works perfectly, the problems start to arise when I am communicating with
different client.

me: mutt
friends: kmail

kmail sends the gpg messages inline, and upon arrival decodes them
immediately. In my config, mutt sends them as attachments.
When I get a kmail message, I have to save it to file and manually
decode it (not that difficult, but annoying). Mutt doesn't recognise
the inline format of kmail.
When my friends (2 differnt ones, one of which is planning to switch
to mutt) get the mails, they get it in an attachment, have to save it
and decode it manually (apparently kmail is expecting inline messages).
Obviously, mutt/mutt and kmail/kmail messages are working perfectly.

Due to the flexibility of mutt, I would guess that I can solve the
problem in my config, but as I said, I haven't found a solution quite
yet.

--
       greetz, marc

Time is fluid ... like a river with currents, eddies, backwash.
		-- Spock, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0
pgp Key ID: 0xE531BBD6
Linux mykene 2.4.7 #7 Fri Jul 27 18:17:34 CEST 2001 i686 unknown