imap

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 10:38:29PM +0000, Jim Breton wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 01:54:03PM -0700, Stephen Hassard wrote:
> > I was just playing around securing one of my Exchange boxes, and found that
> > coupling Stunnel (http://www.stunnel.org/) with your favourite mail server
> > works really well (not that Exchange is my pick for a secure mail server)
>
> Indeed, I have been doing exactly that and it works great.  I run Solar
> Designer's 'popa3d' on port 110 for those users which do not have
> clients supporting TLS, but those who do are encouraged to use the
> POP3/TLS running on port 995 which is really just an stunnel to port 110
> on the same machine.  Outlook Express and many other clients have
> built-in support for this so there is very little tech support overhead.

I am currently investigating a similar issue but using imap. Has anyone any
suggestions relating to a non-exploitable imap server that impliments TLS
encryptions. imapd appears to impliment encrypted authentication but what I
need is encrypted transfer which is not in the debian packaged version.

Thanks

Paddy