Re: iptables install

* Jeff Coppock (jcoppock1@home.com) [010720 12:54]:
>    Dilemna:
>    I want to run iptables, but I'm running stable.  I have a
>    clean, bootable 2.4.6 kernel (took awhile, but I got it), and
>    then realized that the iptable package in not in stable, but
>    is in testing and unstable.  I looked for deb-src, but
>    couldn't find any.  I figured I could compile it on my stable
>    machine.
>
>    Do I need to dist-upgrade to woody to use iptables?

No. Adrian Bunk has created great resources for running kernel 2.4.x
on potato. I haven't used it myself, but reports are that it works
great. Please see the website he has set up at

http://www.fs.tum.de/~bunk/kernel-24.html

He also has deb repositories with all the upgraded/new packages you'll
need to run a 2.4 kernel with potato.

Good luck.

Vineet