Re: Exploit - what to do

Um Wow... I'm afraid I couldn't agree with you less Richard.

My suggestion would have to be CONTACT the original author of that version
of passwd, and the debian security evaluaters/announcers and let them know
as much as possible about the hole so they can evaluate/fix it.

Your disgression in not posting the details on the open list is
appreciated ;)

Good luck and thank you for your efforts!
           David.