Re: aargh... I am being asked to change to SuSE

,----[ On Mon, Jul 16, at 11:03AM, Juha J?ykk? wrote: ]--------------
|   Anyone care to help me: I need some _strong_ points in favour of
| Debian, against SuSE. No crap, please. I need to presuade my superiors
| to turn from RH to Debian instead of SuSE as they would like to do. I
| need strong evidence in favour of Debian if I am to succeed in
| enforcing it. I do not know SuSE myself, so I cannot fight them (they
| do not know Debian, but they are the ones who decide - they do not
| need to) alone. I only care for security/administrability issues now.
`----[ End Quote ]---------------------------

Also, in a corporate enviroment, never understtimate the CYOA factor.
With Debian, you will be where the buck stop at. There wont be a
corporate contract with RH to cover you when shit happens. SuSe is a
nightmare of non conformity. Debian is text book SysV directory
structure, a great help if you use other Unix systems. Do find out why
your bosses wantr to change from RH, you didnt mention that, depending
on their reasons, you might want to consider other options. If you want
a good suggestion, do present all sides here. but these are the ones
that come to mind between Debian vs. SuSe. I would sayd ignore the 'gnu
free' vs. 'truly free' argument, this is a corporate
enviroment...anyway, hope that helps, odds are it wont. But its my
2cents anyway. --gabe

--

"It's not brave if you're not scared."