Re: aargh... I am being asked to change to SuSE

Should this be on the list or per mail only?

On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 11:03:41AM +0300, Juha Jäykkä wrote:
> (off topic)
>   Anyone care to help me: I need some _strong_ points in favour of
> Debian, against SuSE. No crap, please. I need to presuade my superiors
> to turn from RH to Debian instead of SuSE as they would like to do. I
> need strong evidence in favour of Debian if I am to succeed in
> enforcing it. I do not know SuSE myself, so I cannot fight them (they
> do not know Debian, but they are the ones who decide - they do not
> need to) alone. I only care for security/administrability issues now.
>   Thanks for enduring me.

>From the point of security updates, SuSE ist terrible. E.g., now you
won't get an updated version of sudo for an one-year-old SuSE6.4, you
would have to upgrade the whole installation or compile sudo yourself.

The apt-get - system makes *much* less work.

HTH
Martin

--
PGP/GPG encrypted mail preferred, see header
,--
| Nur tote Fische schwimmen mit dem Strom
`--