Re: Network File System

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 03:51:49PM -0400, Dan Hutchinson wrote:
> Hello,
>   Does anyone know of a secure network file system like Active Directories
> from Microsoft, or Novell NDS that works with UNIX O/S's like Linux,
> Sun, HP-UX and also with Windows Systems like 95, 98,ME,NT, and 2000.
>
> Just curious
> Dan
>
> I know of NIS, but is that the best UNIX has

If you just looking for a directory service try LDAP.. if you accually want
a shared filesystem then something like CODA, NFS, AFS, GFS, or SFS might be
better..
--
- U

"Any setuid root program that does an exec() somewhere is just a less
user friendly version of su."   -- Olaf Kirch on bugtraq 2000-08-07