snort rules (Was: Attack alert from snort)

Hello

As I am using snort I keep getting many warnings in my logfiles which I
don't know what they mean. For example the following entry:

Jul 11 01:17:46 keeper snort[6079]: IDS266 - CAN-1999-0261 - SMTP Chameleon
Overflow: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:44772 -> yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy:25

This tells me that someone is doing funny stuff to my mailserver (I keep
getting those all the time), but I don't know what is causing this entry
and how "dangerous" this "attack" is. Is there any resource where I can
search for snort warnings (those IDSxxx codes) and look up more information
about a single snort rule?

Regards

Martin Domig