Re: was I cracked? (rpc.statd, new version)

hi ya stig...

yes... that too...

but i think that one should do some checking/digging
BEFORE reinstalling ...

- one should know how they got in...
- one should know "why" they got in..
- one should know what time they got in...
- one should know what files they added and which was modified
- one should know "how to prevent it" the next time
- one should know if they got into any other pcs on the lan

- than reinstall it if needed
	- and more importantly... apply all the patches

but i consider a reinstall the equivalent of a windoze reboot
unless the above major issues are answered first or at least
attempted to look at what happen first... than re-install and patch

c ya
alvin