Re: Using BIND in a chroot enviro?

Jamie Heilman <jamie@audible.transient.net> writes:

> Tim Haynes wrote:
>
> > Hmmmm. I dislike the word `prejudice' there, even if it does sum my
> > approach to non-free up very well.
>
> I understand that feeling, I have it myself, its why I used the term. I'm
> not gonna let myself off the hook anymore than anyone else, I get on my
> soapbox regularly and rant against having any NT machines at my place of
> employment for much the same reason. And I have total knee-jerk reactions
> when people talk about using this or that proprietary solution. We all
> have prejudices, I feel its usefull to recognise and be comfortable with
> that fact, so I can take it into account when I'm trying to be impartial
> about something.

Civilization is fooling others that one's pretences to be a gentleman are
real ;8)

> > Technical merits are of stuff-all use if the software can't be
> > redistributed freely in sensible packages.
>
> "Well thats just like, your opinion, man." ;) (here's to hoping you've
> seen The Big Lebowski)

I have, but I can't remember an awful lot of it.

I was thinking of conveying the idea that redistribution *is* a technical
merit, or at least is in the same ballpark. Well, maybe you'll disagree :8)

~Tim
--
    7:17pm  up 1 day, 16:32,  5 users,  load average: 0.56, 0.78, 0.96
piglet@stirfried.vegetable.org.uk |Crossing the river, caught in the rain