Re: ipchains

Hello,

> think it would be helpful for us to be able to diagnose and fix your
>problem if you could give is a little bit more information:
OK,

>what does your network look like (physically)?

I connect for internet via dial-up, the same configuration for Win98 and
W2k. After connection I have new IP.

The server using ipchains to make some restriction, if somebody scan ports
he add rule to cut off the "alien" (ip only for example):
- ipchains -A input -s 192.168.1.1 -j DENY -l,
or
- ipchains -A input -s 192.168.1.1 -i eth0 -j DENY -l
I check this with this 2 rules, for me work with the same, at this moment.

When I scan with w98 after few second I cannot connect for the server, I
canno't connect to the web on this site etc. In log I find information that
the host of the addres 192.168.1.1
have restriction.
Under W2k, after scan, I find also in log info that the host of the addres
192.168.1.1
have restriction, but I can connect via web, if I scan again, the scaner see
the port who listen for connection.
?

The rule work or not?
- ipchains -A input -s 192.168.1.1 -i eth0 -j DENY -l
This for blocking the connection form the host who using the IP:
192.168.1.1?

>Happy to help, but without some more info, I'm afraid I can't...

Thanks for replay, sorry for my english ;)
BR
Wojtek (syborg)

--
Chcialbys zarobic lub "dorobic" naprawde dobre pieniadze?
Otrzymasz do 300zl za kazda firme ktora wprowadzisz do Centrum e-biznesu