Re: rlinetd security

Tim Haynes wrote:

> FWIW I heard recently[i] that djbdns never needs TCP. Maybe this is by

Not exactly.

tinydns only uses port 53 udp
axfrdns only uses port 53 tcp - you run this if you a) need to allow zone
                                transfers to legacy systems, b) need to serve
                                large queries, otherwise, you don't need it
dnscache uses port 53 both tcp and udp - its the caching resolver

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"I was in love once -- a Sinclair ZX-81.  People said, "No, Holly, she's