Re: gnupg problem

On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 06:10:12PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:

> I think we have a point here too...  I mean, let's actually do the
> best we can, instead of doing as little as possible.

the security team is overworked enough as it is, i would rather get
security updates sooner that break contrib/non-free then no updates at
all, or much more late updates.

> In fact, the only reason mailcrypt is in contrib is that it adapts to
> the patent-restricted versions of gpg/pgp software.  As far as its use
> with gpg, it belongs in main.

it belongs in non-US/main since that is where gnupg lives.  but since
its not there its not part of debian.  also for it to go into
non-US/main it must remove its dependency on non-free pgp, and
exclusivly depend on gnupg.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/