Re: gnupg problem

On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 03:41:20PM -0500 , Martin Maney wrote:
> arose in a proposed-update (non-security related), do you think that package

then it wouldn't (or a "fixed" conflicting package would be provided). But
because we need this security update, then we need also a proposed-update

> would be accepted for the next point release?  I would hope not.
>
> > > We are not just about packages, we are about the way they work together
> > > to form a coherent whole.
>
> What he said.  Debian's biggest plus - I speak here as a sysadmin and user
> of the distro - has always been the much higher technical quality; having a
> supposed "fix" cause another part of Debian to break seems quite
> antithetical to that quality.

1) don't fix <= not an option
2) fork <= really no
3) fix and fix the breakage <= we have this

				Petr Cech
--
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}
           cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz

<woot> "What do you mean it's not packaged in Debian?"